Followers

Friday 11 January 2013

Liebster Award



Thank you to Elise Chapman from Beauty and The Breast for nominating me for a Liebster Award!






The rules:


  • Post 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • Ask 11 questions
  • Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
  • No tag backs


11 facts about myself:

  1. I am a mother of three  
  2. I have been married to my lovely hubby for 10 years
  3. I am owner/founder of Beauty Box Swaps the website is still under development  
  4. I am a Benebabe
  5. I am at college studying for a level 3 Diploma in Hair & Media Make up  
  6. I am a 'dampathlete' having significantly reduced but not fully given up alcohol intake for January
  7. Sting is my 3rd Cousin   
  8. I used to keep pet rats and would love to again one day...
  9. I own far too much make up
  10. I took a leading role in an Amateur Dramatics production in 2011
  11. I have only been driving for 3 years. My car is an automatic called Scarlett O'Cara


Where did you grow up and was it a nice area? I grew up in Marple, Stockport, Cheshire it was a nice area.  
What are the best and worst parts about where you grew up? Marple had lots of great places to explore including 2 canals, woods & a quarry (in them days you could explore). Rose tinted nostalgia specs mean I can't thing of any worst parts. 
Where do you live now and it is a good, bad or indifferent place to live, and why? I live in Bury now it's a great place to live especially now we have THE ROCK however I do wish I lived nearer to my parents as I don't see them as often as I would like. 
Why do you blog and how did you start? I blog because I enjoy writing, I started with encouragement from my sister aka nyssapod.  
What is your all-time favourite blog and why? Three Little Buhos by Annie John is my all-time favourite blog she helped me discover matt top coat for nails and her posts always make me smile :)
If you had to move and live in another country, where would you love to go? Greece, because I love the scenery, the food, the climate & the people. 
Why are you interested in blogging? I am a very sociable person who enjoys writing and I like sharing.  
Do you have a party trick and if so, what is it?  I can open bottles with my teeth but I've realised now I'm older that I value my teeth more than entertaining people with this foolhardy trick.
What is your proudest achievement to date? My family. 
What is your biggest and most humorous fail? Too many to choose from I am Mrs Bean 
Do you have a favourite TV program, and what is it? Mount Pleasant

The 11 questions I would like my selected bloggers to answer are:


  1. Why do you blog?
  2. What are the advantages of being a blogger?
  3. What are the disadvantages of being a blogger?
  4. Are you a Beauty Box Swapper?
  5. Do you receive any monthly subscription beauty boxes? Which ones?
  6. What is your favourite beauty brand?
  7. What is your favourite beauty product?
  8. Are you low, medium or high maintenance?
  9. Do you have any tattoos? Where & what are they?
  10. Do you have a favourite blog?
  11. How old were you when you first started to get interested in make up & beauty? 

The 11 blogs I would like to recognise with a Leibster Award are:

British, Bargains, and Beauty
Raindrops & Roses
Itzybitzy's Beauty Musings
Writing & Rambling
Loveliefs
Crissyleigh
Life Through a Number of Lenses
Glitter and Mud
Life, Love and a Beauty Obsession
Beauty & the Boxes
The Beautiful Butterfly
Boxed, Bagged and Bidded
Curiouser and Curiouser

Yeah I know there's 13, I didn't want to leave anybody out.


5 comments:

  1. Aww thank you so much Lucy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you would like to live in my country (I live in Athens, Greece)!
    Love you blog!!
    Btw, I would like to participate to a beauty box swap, can you help me with this? any advice?!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I love your blog and I was wondering if you could pop over to mine I'm trying to reach 100 followers before my birthday xx coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete